What is a bean?
Beans are legumes! They are plants whose seedpods split into two halves. Beans are the mature, edible seeds of the plants.
EAT YOUR BEANS!
Americans should always strive to increase vegetables and fruit intake, eating a minimum of 1 ½ cups of beans each week.
2. 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
3. Top 10 super foods
4. Report of the DGAC on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010
5. Beans for a healthy heart
6. Trichopoulou A, Vasilopoulou E. Mediterranean diet and longevity. British Journal of Nutrition. 2000;84(Suppl 2): S205-S209.
7. Omega 6 and Omega 3 information
8. Making Smart choices